Stocks and Beers: Ep 15
Welcome to Stocks and Beers with Rich, this week’s edition in the wild! Today we talk about the unpredictability of market timing, and how you as a smaller investor can beat fund manager giants with patience and a little bit of luck. Rich also clarifies what makes a good small cap and provides recent examples of stellar growth. All in the open air!
- Rich breaks down market timing, why you can’t predict it, and how that’s an advantage for smaller investors.
- Rich explains the pitfalls of panic selling and buying, instead giving you the criteria to keep a diverse and safe portfolio.
- Rich gives current examples such as Pacific Current (ASX:PAC) and Superloop (SLC) which have spiked in value.
- Rich highlights Senex Energy (ASX:SXY) and its takeover offer, which has led to the tip returning over 34% in just three months. This stock has the potential to ride the profitability wave of east coast oil pricing, something which SXY investors and Posco International have an interest in. Will the South Korean giant be successful it gaining control of SXY? Find out over a beer with Rich!
- Pacific Current (ASX:PAC)
- Superloop (ASX:SLC)
- Senex Energy (ASX:SXY)
Yarr!!! this week’s brew be: Pirate Life Brewer‘s “South Coast Pale Ale”. Watch the video to see what Rich thinks. If you have any beer or stock recommendations, leave them in the comments and we'll try it out!