Stocks and Beers: Ep 17
Welcome to Stocks and Beers with Rich. Today, we talk about what turns speculation into investing: Dividends. Rich then explains how Under the Radar Report finds small cap paying dividend stocks, which has led to an average return of 17% a year from 10 portfolios.
- He toasts long term favourite, regional news company Prime Media (ASX:PRT) which spiked 70% after announcements of being taken over by Seven West Media (ASX:SWM).
- The oddly named Here, There & Everywhere (ASX:HT1 joins in with a 30% increase after avoiding the $200m Sword of Damocles’ tax liability. HT1 could go a lot further, find out why.
- Rich explains that even with seemingly good fundamentals, small caps can be prone to bumps. He talks about work place technology stock, Damstra (ASX:DTC).
- Speculation V Investing. Rich breaks down fundamentals, about how the Holy Triumvirate of P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet, translates to the Holy Grail of Sustainable Dividends.
- Rich looks at the past successes and points out how what’s impressed him the most about small caps and what to remember for future endeavours.
- Prime Media (ASX:PRT)
- Here, There & Everywhere (ASX:HT1)
- Damstra (ASX:DTC)
- Bisalloy Steel (ASX:BIS)
- Gale Pacific (ASX:GAP)
- Capral (ASX:CAA)
This week’s beer is some good branding: Mismatch Brewing Co.’s “Pale Ale”. Watch the video to see what Rich thinks. If you have any beer or stock recommendations, leave them in the comments and we'll try it out!