Stocks and Beers: Ep 21
Welcome to Stocks and Beers with Rich. This week Rich talks about your share portfolio, how to build it and gives you some great little Small Cap Stocks. We love having exposure to individual companies because they can make a huge difference to your portfolio’s returns.
You can’t talk about the markets this week without mentioning Omicron, the new variant, and Rich shows you how Small Caps can help you insulate your portfolio.
He gives you tips from our Portfolios Manager, The Idle Speculator, for building a safe and opportunity driven portfolio. He shows you how to build a portfolio of a number of small caps that we hope will bring you more than one big winner.
In this Week's Video:
- Steps to build a portfolio that can resist volatility from non-market factors
- How we specialise in getting you the right stock at a good price. Your first stock pick might not always be a Phar Lap, so focus on safely spreading your portfolio to include a number of well chosen stocks to set yourself up for for success.
- Our Stock of the Week: has similarities to Nick Scali (ASX:NCK), that went up eleven fold since we first tipped it. This new stock seems set for a similar innovative success.
- Afterpay (ASX:APT), and how Square (soon to rename aas Block) has gone though some heavy changes, and dropping from US$280 to US$200 since the APT deal was announced. A good reminder about the volatility and danger of fintech.
- Finally Rich covers Playside Studios (ASX:PLY), that is set to expand and fill the Australian Game development niche, making deals with gaming giant Take Two Interactive, and Online Streaming Network OTK, after the success of their new title “Age of Darkness”
To access our full strategy on how to set up your portfolio and to start investing in our favourite Small Caps
- Afterpay (ASX:APT)
- Nick Scali (ASX:NCK)
- Playside Studios (ASX:PLY)
For this week’s beer we’re getting into the holiday spirit with Bridge Road Brewers’ “Fat Man Red Suit Big Sack” Red IPA. Watch the video to see what Rich thinks. If you have any beer or stock recommendations, leave them in the comments and we'll try it out!